Divorce For Grownups: A Passion for Solutions
Experiencing a divorce is an emotional, difficult time in your life and facing it maturely and with a clear, logical mind will virtually always ensure the process is as positive as it can be. As experienced and compassionate divorce lawyers, we help our clients experience a better way of divorcing. There is no “one-size-fits-all” solution to ending a marriage or partnership. The Quirk Law Group assists you in selecting the correct divorce process and method, depending on your specific needs. We do this this by assessing your current relationship and the complexity of your issues, and then working with you to define and achieve your financial, personal, and professional goals. This may be accomplished by using collaborative law, negotiation, litigation, or merely guiding you and your spouse through the legal process.
With divorce, virtually everyone wants the fastest, least dramatic, and most affordable resolution possible. With a cooperative divorce, you have far more control over resolutions and settlements suited to your personal values, goals, and needs. Unlike traditional divorce, instead of a court dictating your future, you do!
- Helps maintain your sense of integrity and respect
- Saves you money as well as emotional energy
- Works within your time frame, not the lawyers' or anyone else's
Is your privacy a concern?
Do you want your divorce to be between you and your spouse and not have your relationship aired publicly? In a typical divorce, all your private information becomes public record through court documents. A cooperative divorce can help you preserve your privacy:
- The terms of your settlement are not filed with the court
- Employers are not involved in the discovery process
- Family, friends, and co-workers are not pulled into your divorce
Protecting your Children
Children often suffer emotional scars from a high-conflict divorce. Cooperative divorce allows you to place your children's emotional, financial, and future needs first, ensuring they are a priority instead of a casualty.
- Reduces the negative impact of divorce
- Allows for better relationships with both parents
- Provides better modeling for conflict resolution, and "setting a good example"
Cost Savings and Financial Options
A cooperative divorce offers significant cost savings over traditional litigation, and the format can vary to meet the needs of the couple. Some couples will require full representation for each party, some can work cooperatively with each other and use one attorney for drafting documents or, in some cases, parties may merely pay attorneys for “legal coaching.”
- You control the timelines
- You determine the extent of necessary legal fees
- You determine how much you are willing to do yourself
- Flat fees are often available
Is a respectful, cooperative divorce right for you?
There are multiple considerations in deciding to pursue a divorce, and a cooperative divorce is an excellent way to focus your thinking and decision-making during this challenging time:
- Are you more interested in moving on with your life than in perpetuating a marital battle in court?
- Do you want to be in control of your future, including custody and financial support issues, rather than relying on a court’s decision?
- Do you want to end the emotional battle — the anger, angst, and fighting?
- Do you want to be treated with respect and dignity during your divorce process?
If you have children, consider these factors as well:
- Do you feel your children are your primary responsibility when making financial plans?
- Do you want to preserve your children’s emotional health during and after the divorce?
- Do you want your children to be able to invite both their parents to all the special events in their life?